Retro Environmental, a well-established Selective Demolition and Environmental Remediation Company, is seeking to hire a Full-Time Asbestos Workers to join our team.
Job Summary: An Asbestos Worker is responsible for the safe removal and disposal of asbestos-containing materials (ACMs) from structures following industry regulations and safety protocols.
- Asbestos Removal:
- Safely remove asbestos-containing materials from ceilings, walls, beams, boilers, and other structures as per project requirements.
- Use hand and power tools to remove asbestos and assist with encapsulation or repair of asbestos-containing materials.
- Safety Protocols:
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) such as respirators, protective suits, gloves, and eye protection.
- Set up containment areas and decontamination units as per guidelines.
- Ensure proper ventilation in the work area and monitor air quality.
- Waste Handling:
- Properly bag, label, and seal asbestos waste in leak-tight containers.
- Ensure the correct disposal of asbestos waste in designated facilities, adhering to local, state, and federal regulations.
- Equipment Maintenance:
- Clean and maintain tools, equipment, and machinery used in asbestos removal.
- Ensure the proper functioning of negative air pressure units and other safety equipment.
- Continuous Learning:
- Stay updated on the latest safety guidelines, removal techniques, and regulations related to asbestos abatement.
- Attend regular safety training sessions and certification programs.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- State or region-specific asbestos worker certification.
- Prior experience in asbestos removal and demolition preferred.
- Knowledge of the health hazards and safety precautions associated with asbestos work.
- Ability to work in physically demanding conditions, including confined spaces and heights.
- Ability to follow proper safety protocols, take direction and work effectively with teams.
- Must have reliable transportation; willing to drive to job sites as far as two hours from office location.
- Must be able to work 10-hour shifts, day and night shifts, weekends, and overtime when necessary.
- Must pass physical fitness test, asbestos respirator fit test as well as be cleared to work around asbestos and other hazardous materials.
- Must be able to lift 75lbs, climb ladders, and stand or walk for extended periods.
- Capacity to wear protective suits and respirators for extended periods.
- Specific vision requirements include close and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- A criminal background check, drug and alcohol screen will be conducted.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability Insurance
- Company Paid Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401K Plan with Company Matching up to 3%
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Additional Bonus Opportunities
- Per Diem pay is available for work at remote locations
- Ongoing training and career development offered
Retro Environmental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
Please note that we participate in the Federal Employment Verification Program (E-Verify). Your employment will be contingent upon confirmation of your employment eligibility through the E-Verify Program. To confirm employment eligibility, please review the complete list of acceptable identification documents at https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/acceptable-documents.